AAFE Solid Filler PDO Threadlift Training: *Note: You must have your Solid Filler PDO Threadlift online training completed with a passing grade to attend the onsite course.
- Registration – 7:30 AM – Please be prompt
- Introduction – 8:00 AM
- Live Patient Treatment Session – 8:30 AM – 1:00 PM
**Patients will not be allowed to enter the course until 9AM.
We still have availability for you to bring additional staff members with you to the course. In order to attend as a team member, your guests must not be a nurse, a doctor of any profession, or a possible injector. All names will be verified through the state boards and full tuition will be charged if this policy is not carried out. AAFE Members – your first team member is FREE. All other team members admission cost is $395 per person. Payment is required even if the team member sitting in on the course is your model patient. Please let us know as soon as possible if you plan to bring any additional team members.
For the best learning experience, please bring your own model patients. If need be, it is likely that you will find a model patient at the course. You can bring up to 2 patients per day. Please let your model patients know that they must be available for approximately 3-4 hours, as this is a teaching course. Attendees are solely responsible for treatment of their patients at this course. You will treat your patient as you would in your office. The hands-on portion of the course will be arranged in Groups A, B and C and is dependent on meeting size. Groups will be determined the morning of the meeting. Patients should arrive when the hands-on portion of the course begins or when you have a better understanding of what group you are in. If you choose not to bring a model patient, you may observe the hands-on portion of the course. You may also find a patient at the course.
No pets and no children in the classroom!
Checklist for Solid Filler PDO Threadlift Training Please bring the following:
- Digital camera to document patient prior to injections. (Camera phones work also)
- Loupes/headlights if you use them in your practice
- Two sterilized dental anesthetic syringes. (Needles will be provided)
- Your preferred local anesthetic.
Additional materials include a starter pack that contains 8 individual lifting threads and 1 pack of 5 smooth threads which is suitable for 1 patient. Additional threads are $10 – $50 per solid filler PDO thread. Prices are dependent on brand requested and are subject to change at any time. Products bought at the course are for use at the course only. Attendees may bring their own products but must show proof that they are original and authentic.
Here are some tips for choosing a model patient for this Solid Filler PDO Threadlift Course:
- The model patient should be in their 40’s and 50’s, have mild sagging of midface and jowls, good skin quality, no previous facial surgery, and mild cutaneous neck bands. Please check the on-demand chalkboard about ideal candidates for this procedure.
- The model patient should not be needle phobic.
- The model patient should be easy to anesthetize and be able to tolerate local dental anesthesia.
- The patient should be healthy, with no active skin infections, and have a clean medical history.
- Patients with neurological, autoimmune and immunological diseases are not the best candidates, as well as people with long-term systematic disease
- Patients, who bruise easily, because of medications or other disease processes, may not be good candidates. The model patient may have some swelling and/or bruising after treatment.
If you are unsure about whether a patient’s medical condition is a contraindication to Solid Filler PDO Threadlift therapy, please check with their physician prior to treating them at this course.
Solid Filler PDO Threadlift Pre-Treatment Instructions In an ideal situation, it is prudent to follow some simple guidelines before treatment that can make all the difference between a fair result and/or great result, by reducing some possible side effects associated with the injections. We realize this is not always possible; however, minimizing these risks is always desirable.
- Avoid alcoholic beverages at least 24 hours prior to treatment Alcohol may thin the blood which will increase the risk of bruising.
- Avoid anti-inflammatory or blood thinning medications ideally, for a period of two weeks before treatment. Medications and supplements such as Aspirin, Vitamin E, Gingko Biloba, St. John’s Wart, Ibuprofen, Motrin, Advil, Aleve, and other NSAIDS are all blood thinning and can increase the risk of bruising/swelling after injections.
- Schedule appointment at least 2 weeks prior to a special event which may be occurring, i.e., wedding, vacation, etc. It is not desirable to have a very special event occurring and be bruised from an injection which could have been avoided.
Every model patient must sign an informed consent prior to treatment. Consents will be provided at each course and there will be no exceptions. The AAFE reserves the right to refuse treatment to any patient. If you have any questions about your patient, please email Dr. Malcmacher at DrLouis@FacialEsthetics.org. All course completion certificates and continuing education credits will be awarded to attendees when all course tuition, team member verification, and course/product fees have been reconciled.
IMPORTANT: Cancellation Policy
If you have registered for an on-demand/live patient course and have not started the on-demand portion of the course and have not selected a live patient training location within 90 days, the course tuition is refundable less a $1,099 cancellation fee within the first 90 days from initial registration date. There are no refunds after 90 days of any on-demand or an on-demand/live patient course registration. At the AAFE’s discretion, you may be able to change to another date and location but there will be no refund available should you transfer into another course, cancel out of that course, or fail to show up for any reason.
On-Demand Courses with or without a Live Patient Training day are not refundable once you have started the course. If you have selected a live patient location upon registration and have not started the on-demand course, tuition is fully refundable no later than 5 PM same date one month before course less a $1,099 cancellation fee. No refunds after same date one month before the first live patient course that you registered for.
If any course is canceled by The American Academy of Facial Esthetics, you will be given the option to transfer to another AAFE live patient course at no additional cost to you. We reserve the right to cancel any course for any reason and cannot be responsible for hotel deposits or non-refundable airline tickets or other associated fees. Hotel locations may change depending on circumstances within or beyond our control.
Participants may pay with credit cards at any time or by check only two weeks before each course. Checks are not accepted for payment on the day of the course for either attendance or for the products to be used at the course.
Participants accept that On-Demand content purchased access to any AAFE courses is solely limited to the subscriber and their immediate office team and is prohibited from being shared for any reason with any other healthcare professionals who can perform injectable treatment. Sharing your on-demand access or any course materials will result in denied access, forfeiting tuition and subject to prosecution.
All course completion, certificates and continuing education credits will be awarded to attendees when all course tuition, team member verification, and course/product fees have been reconciled.