This is very important information regarding The American Academy of Facial Esthetics Master Lips Training course. Please read all information carefully.
We need some important information before you attend the course. Please fill out the Reservation Form provided at the bottom of this document and submit along with a copy of your current state practicing license and the declarations/ cover page of your malpractice insurance.
Please fax or email these items to our office at:
Fax: 216-395-0110 or 216-672-5230 Email: info@FacialEsthetics.org
***If you have any questions about the course, please contact our office by calling 800.952.0521 Ext. 3 or via email.
Here is the agenda for the course which will cover Master Lips Training:
- Registration – 7:30 AM
- Course Runs from 8:00 AM – Noon
**Patients will not be allowed to enter course until 8:45 AM.
We still have availability for you to bring additional team members with you to the course. In order to attend as a team member, your guests must not be a nurse, a doctor of any profession, or a possible injector. All names will be verified through the state boards and full tuition will be charged if this policy is not carried out. AAFE Members – your first team member is FREE. All other team members admission cost is $395 per person. Payment is required even if the team member sitting in on the course is your model patient. Please let us know as soon as possible if you plan to bring any additional team members.
For the best learning experience, please bring your own model patients. If need be, it is likely that you will find a model patient at the course. You can bring up to 2 patients per day. Please let your model patients know that they must be available for approximately 3-4 hours, as this is a teaching course. The hands-on portion of the course will be arranged in Groups A, B and C and is dependent on meeting size. Groups will be determined the morning of the meeting. Patients should arrive when the hands-on portion of the course begins or when you have a better understanding of what group you are in. If you choose not to bring a model patient, you may observe the hands-on portion of the course. You may also find a patient at the course.
No pets and no children in the classroom!
Checklists for Master Lips Training Course
Please bring the following:
- Two sterilized dental anesthetic syringes. (Needles will be provided)
- Your preferred local anesthetic.
- Digital camera to document patient prior to injections.(Camera phones work also)
- Loupes/headlights if you use them in your practice.
- You will need to purchase injectable products. Costs vary.
Here are some tips for choosing a model patient for the Master Lips Training course:
- The model patient should be easy to anesthetize and be able to tolerate local dental anesthesia if desired.
- The patient should be healthy, with no active skin infections, and have a clean medical history.
- Patients with neurological, autoimmune and immunological diseases are not ideal candidates, as well as people with long term systematic diseases.
- Patients, who bruise easily, because of medications or other disease processes, may not be good candidates.
- The model should not be needle phobic.
- The model patient may have some swelling and/or bruising after treatment. We recommend that the model patient not have any important life events occurring within two weeks of treatment.
Please review and share the following list of pre-operative instructions with each of your model patients.
Dermal Filler Pre-Treatment Instructions: In an ideal situation, it is prudent to follow some simple guidelines before treatment that can make all the difference between a fair result and/or great result, by reducing some possible side effects associated with the injections. We realize this is not always possible; however, minimizing these risks is always desirable.
- Let us know if you are prone to cold sores- a pre-operative medication may help prevent cold sores after treatment.
- If you develop a cold sore, blemish, or rash, etc. prior to your appointment, you must reschedule.
- Discontinue Retin-A (2) two days before and (2) two days after treatment.
- Avoid anti-inflammatory or blood thinning medications ideally, for a period of two weeks before treatment. Medications and supplements such as Aspirin, Vitamin E, Gingko Biloba, St. John’s Wart, Ibuprofen, Motrin, Advil, Aleve, and other NSAIDS are all blood thinning and can increase the risk of bruising/swelling after injections.
- Schedule appointments at least 2 weeks prior to a special event which may be occurring, i.e., wedding, vacation, etc. It is not desirable to have a very special event occurring and be bruised from an injection which could have been avoided.
If you have registered for an on-demand/live patient course and have not started the on-demand portion of the course and have not selected a live patient training location within 90 days, the course tuition is refundable less a $1099 cancellation fee within the first 90 days from initial registration date. There are no refunds after 90 days of any on-demand or an on-demand/live patient course registration. At the AAFE’s discretion, you may be able to change to another date and location but there will be no refund available should you transfer into another course, cancel out of that course, or fail to show up for any reason.
On-Demand Courses with or without a Live Patient Training day are not refundable once you have started the course. If you have selected a live patient location upon registration and have not started the on-demand course, tuition is fully refundable no later than 5 PM same date one month before course less a $1099 cancellation fee. No refunds after same date one month before the first live patient course that you registered for.
If any course is canceled by The American Academy of Facial Esthetics, you will be given the option to transfer to another AAFE live patient course at no additional cost to you. We reserve the right to cancel any course for any reason and cannot be responsible for hotel deposits or non-refundable airline tickets or other associated fees. Hotel locations may change depending on circumstances within or beyond our control.
Participants may pay with credit cards at any time or by check only two weeks before each course. Checks are not accepted for payment on the day of the course for either attendance or for the products to be used at the course.
Participants accept that On-Demand content purchased access to any AAFE courses is solely limited to the subscriber and their immediate office team and is prohibited from being shared for any reason with any other healthcare professionals who can perform injectable treatment. Sharing your on-demand access or any course materials will result in denied access, forfeiting tuition and subject to prosecution.
All course completion, certificates and continuing education credits will be awarded to attendees when all course tuition, team member verification, and course/product fees have been reconciled.