Here is the agenda for the course which will cover Fractional YSGG Laser Therapy Skin Resurfacing and Collagen Biostimulation training:
Registration – 7:30 AM Please be prompt
Course Begins – 8:00 AM
Course Ends – 1:00 PM
For the benefit of our attendees, meals are at your leisure. There are restaurants nearby to suit your taste.
We still have availability for you to bring additional team members with you to the course. In order to attend as a team member, your team members must not be a nurse, a doctor of any profession, or a possible injector. All names will be verified through the state boards and full tuition will be charged if this policy is not carried out.
AAFE Members – your first team member is FREE. All other team members admission cost is $395 per day, per person. Payment is required even if the team member sitting in on the course is your model patient. Please let us know as soon as possible if you plan to bring any additional team members.
For the best learning experience, please bring your own model patients. If need be, it is likely that you will find a model patient at the course. You can bring up to 2 patients per day. Please let your model patients know that they must be available for approximately 3-4 hours, as this is a teaching course.
Attendees are solely responsible for treatment of their patients at this course. You will treat your patient as you would in your office.
The hands-on portion of the course will be arranged in Groups A, B and C and is dependent on meeting size. Groups will be determined the morning of the meeting. Patients should arrive when the hands-on portion of the course begins or when you have a better understanding of what group you are in. If you choose not to bring a model patient, you may observe the hands-on portion of the course. You may also find a patient at the course.
Checklists for Fractional YSGG Laser Therapy Skin Resurfacing and Collagen Biostimulation Course
Please bring the following:
Here are some tips for choosing a model patient for the Botulinum Toxin Training course:
- The model patient should have light to moderate lines- these are the best patients to train on.
- If your patient has TMJ and/or bruxism, these areas will be addressed as well.
- The patient should be healthy, with no active skin infections, and have a clean medical history.
- Patients with neurological, autoimmune, and immunological diseases are not ideal candidates, as well as people with long term systematic diseases.
- Patients, who bruise easily, because of medications or other disease processes, may not be good candidates.
- The model should not be needle phobic.
- The model patient may have some swelling and/or bruising after treatment. We recommend that the model patient not have any important life events occurring within two weeks of treatment.
Please review and share the following list of pre-operative instructions with each of your model patients.
Botulinum Toxin Pre-Treatment Instructions:
- In an ideal situation, it is prudent to follow some simple guidelines before treatment that can make all the difference between a fair result and/or great result, by reducing some possible side effects associated with the injections. We realize this is not always possible; however, minimizing these risks is always desirable.
- Avoid alcoholic beverages at least 24 hours prior to treatment. Alcohol may thin the blood which will increase the risk of bruising.
- Avoid anti-inflammatory or blood thinning medications ideally, for a period of two weeks before treatment. Medications and supplements such as Aspirin, Vitamin E, Gingko Biloba, St. John’s Wart, Ibuprofen, Motrin, Advil, Aleve, and other NSAIDS are all blood thinning and can increase the risk of bruising/swelling after injections.
- Schedule botulinum toxin appointment at least 2 weeks prior to a special event which may be occurring, i.e., wedding, vacation, etc. It is not desirable to have a very special event occurring and be bruised from an injection which could have been avoided.
Every model patient must sign an informed consent prior to treatment. Consents will be provided at each course and there will be no exceptions.
We have the right to refuse treatment to any patient.
If you have any questions about your patient, please email Info@facialesthetics.org.