Here is the agenda for the course which will cover Dermal Filler training: Day Two – Dermal Fillers
- Friday – Registration begins at 7:30AM for Dermal Filler
- Course Begins – 8:00 AM
- Break – 9:30 AM
- Course Resumes – 9:45 AM
- Hands-On Session – 11:30-5:00 PM
There is no scheduled lunch break on this day. Please make sure to eat a good breakfast and stay hydrated during the day. Please feel free to bring lunch or snacks. Coffee and refreshments will be provided.
Team Members We still have availability for you to bring additional staff members with you to the course. In order to attend as a team member, your guests must not be a nurse, a doctor of any profession, or a possible injector. All names will be verified through the state boards and full tuition will be charged if this policy is not carried out. AAFE Members – your first team member is FREE. All other team members admission cost is $395 per day, per person. Payment is required even if the team member sitting in on the course is your model patient. Please let us know as soon as possible if you plan to bring any additional team members. Model Patients For the best learning experience, please bring your own model patients. If need be, it is likely that you will find a model patient at the course. You can bring up to 2 patients per day. Please let your model patients know that they must be available for approximately 3-4 hours, as this is a teaching course. The hands-on portion of the course will be arranged in Groups A, B and C and is dependent on meeting size. Groups will be determined the morning of the meeting. Patients should arrive when the hands-on portion of the course begins or when you have a better understanding of what group you are in. If you choose not to bring a model patient, you may observe the hands-on portion of the course. You may also find a patient at the course. No pets and no children in the classroom!
Checklists for Dermal Filler Training Course Please bring the following:
You will need to purchase one syringe of dermal filler material. Costs vary. Here are some tips for choosing a model patient for the Dermal Filler Training course: The facial areas that are ideal to treat with dermal fillers are the nasolabial folds (lines from the corner of the mouth to the corner of the nose), marionette lines (lines from the corner of the lips that go down the face toward the jaw line), and uplifting the corners of the lips. Lip enhancement may be done on a patient that would like to increase the fullness of their lips. Additional considerations are as followed:
Please review and share the following list of pre-operative instructions with each of your model patients. Dermal Filler Pre-Treatment Instructions: In an ideal situation, it is prudent to follow some simple guidelines before treatment that can make all the difference between a fair result and/or great result, by reducing some possible side effects associated with the injections. We realize this is not always possible; however, minimizing these risks is always desirable.
Every model patient must sign an informed consent prior to treatment. Consents will be provided at each course and there will be no exceptions. We have the right to refuse treatment to any patient. Pre-Ordering Instructions for Botulinum Toxin (Botox/Xeomin) Therapeutic Course
- Xeomin may be purchased from STATDDS by opening an account with them. STATDDS can be reached at (800) 693-9076. STATDDS will open an account for you. Xeomin is approximately $100 less expensive than Botox.
- Botox may be purchased from Allergan, the makers of Botox, by opening an account with them. Allergan customer service can be reached at (800) 377-7790. Advise them you would like to open an account and you will be sent to the Customer Master program to begin the process. Please note Botox and Xeomin comes in vials of 50 and 100 units.
- We suggest purchasing at least one vial of Botox or Xeomin 100 units – generally this is enough for 2 – 3 patients.
- Botox will be delivered to you in a freeze pack. Place this your freezer until you are ready to use. Xeomin is delivered to you at room temperature and does require any special storage instructions until it has been reconstituted.
- If you are attending the AAFE Frontline TMJ/Orofacial Pain Course, it is recommended to bring an additional vial of Xeomin or Botox.
Pre-Ordering Instructions for the Dermal Filler Training Course
- Belotero Balance may be purchased from STATDDS by opening an account with them. STATDDS can be reached at (800) 693-9076. STATDDS will open an account for you.
- Juvederm Ultra and Juvederm Ultra XC may be purchased from Allergan, the makers of Botox, by opening an account with them. Allergan customer service can be reached at (800) 377-7790. Advise them you would like to open an account and you will be sent to the Customer Master program to begin the process. Please note when ordering Botox, you will purchase Botox, not Botox Cosmetic.
- Belotero Balance, Juvederm Ultra and Ultra XC come in 1ml syringes and can only be used on one patient. Costs vary.
- We suggest purchasing at least two syringes of Belotero Balance and two syringes of Juvederm Ultra XC or Juvederm Ultra Plus XC. This will allow you to practice on two patients. Any dermal filler syringe not used can be used for your next patients.
Please click here to download the StatDDS Account Set Up & Order Forms to get started All course completion certificates and continuing education credits will be awarded to attendees when all course tuition, team member verification, and course/product fees have been reconciled. If you have any questions about your patient, please email Dr. Malcmacher at Drlouis@FacialEsthetics.org.
IMPORTANT: Cancelation Policy
If you have registered for an on-demand/live patient course and have not started the on-demand portion of the course and have not selected a live patient training location within 90 days, the course tuition is refundable less a $1099 cancellation fee within the first 90 days from initial registration date. There are no refunds after 90 days of any on-demand or an on-demand/live patient course registration. At the AAFE’s discretion, you may be able to change to another date and location but there will be no refund available should you transfer into another course, cancel out of that course, or fail to show up for any reason.
On-Demand Courses with or without a Live Patient Training day are not refundable once you have started the course. If you have selected a live patient location upon registration and have not started the on-demand course, tuition is fully refundable no later than 5 PM same date one month before course less a $1099 cancellation fee. No refunds after same date one month before the first live patient course that you registered for.
If any course is canceled by The American Academy of Facial Esthetics, you will be given the option to transfer to another AAFE live patient course at no additional cost to you. We reserve the right to cancel any course for any reason and cannot be responsible for hotel deposits or non-refundable airline tickets or other associated fees. Hotel locations may change depending on circumstances within or beyond our control.
Participants may pay with credit cards at any time or by check only two weeks before each course. Checks are not accepted for payment on the day of the course for either attendance or for the products to be used at the course.
Participants accept that On-Demand content purchased access to any AAFE courses is solely limited to the subscriber and their immediate office team and is prohibited from being shared for any reason with any other healthcare professionals who can perform injectable treatment. Sharing your on-demand access or any course materials will result in denied access, forfeiting tuition and subject to prosecution.
All course completion, certificates and continuing education credits will be awarded to attendees when all course tuition, team member verification, and course/product fees have been reconciled.