Here is the agenda for the course which will cover Dermal Filler training:
Registration 7:30 AM Please be prompt
Course Begins 8:00 AM
Break 9:30 AM
Course Resumes 9:45 AM
Lunch 12:00 PM
Course Resumes 1:00 PM
Hands-On Patient Session 1:00-5:00 PM
We still have availability for you to bring additional staff members with you to the course. In order to attend as a team member, your guests must not be a nurse, a doctor of any profession, or a possible injector. All names will be verified through the state boards and full tuition will be charged if this policy is not carried out.
AAFE Members – your first team member is FREE. All other team members admission cost is $400 per day, per person. Payment is required even if the team member sitting in on the course is your model patient. Please let us know as soon as possible if you plan to bring any additional team members.
For the best learning experience, please bring your own model patients. If need be, it is likely that you will find a model patient at the course. You can bring up to 2 patients per day. Please let your model patients know that they must be available for approximately 3-4 hours, as this is a teaching course.
The hands-on portion of the course will be arranged in Groups A, B and C and is dependent on meeting size. Groups will be determined the morning of the meeting. Patients should arrive when the hands-on portion of the course begins or when you have a better understanding of what group you are in. If you choose not to bring a model patient, you may observe the hands-on portion of the course. You may also find a patient at the course.
Checklists for Dermal Filler Training Course
Please bring the following:
You will need to purchase one syringe of dermal filler material. Each pre-filled syringe can only be used on one patient. We will be using hyaluronic acid products (such as Juvederm Ultra XC and Juvederm Ultra Plus XC) in this course. Costs vary.
Here are some tips for choosing a model patient for the Dermal Filler Training course:
The facial areas that are ideal to treat with dermal fillers are the nasolabial folds (lines from the corner of the mouth to the corner of the nose), marionette lines (lines from the corner of the lips that go down the face toward the jaw line), and uplifting the corners of the lips.
Lip enhancement may be done on a patient that would like to increase the fullness of their lips. Additional considerations are as followed:
Please review and share the following list of pre-operative instructions with each of your model patients.
Dermal Filler Pre-Treatment Instructions:
In an ideal situation, it is prudent to follow some simple guidelines before treatment that can make all the difference between a fair result and/or great result, by reducing some possible side effects associated with the injections. We realize this is not always possible; however, minimizing these risks is always desirable.
Every model patient must sign an informed consent prior to treatment. Consents will be provided at each course and there will be no exceptions. We have the right to refuse treatment to any patient.
Pre-Ordering Instructions for Botulinum Toxin (Botox/Xeomin) Therapeutic Course
- Xeomin may be purchased from STATDDS by opening an account with them. STATDDS can be reached at (800) 693-9076. STATDDS will open an account for you. Xeomin is approximately $100 less expensive than Botox.
- Botox may be purchased from Allergan, the makers of Botox, by opening an account with them. Allergan customer service can be reached at (800) 377-7790. Advise them you would like to open an account and you will be sent to the Customer Master program to begin the process. Please note Botox and Xeomin comes in vials of 50 and 100 units.
- We suggest purchasing at least one vial of Botox or Xeomin 100 units – generally this is enough for 2 – 3 patients.
- Botox will be delivered to you in a freeze pack. Place this your freezer until you are ready to use. Xeomin is delivered to you at room temperature and does require any special storage instructions until it has been reconstituted.
- If you are attending the AAFE Frontline TMJ/Orofacial Pain Course, it is recommended to bring an additional vial of Xeomin or Botox.
Pre-Ordering Instructions for the Dermal Filler Training Course
- Belotero Balance may be purchased from STATDDS by opening an account with them. STATDDS can be reached at (800) 693-9076. STATDDS will open an account for you.
- Juvederm Ultra and Juvederm Ultra XC may be purchased from Allergan, the makers of Botox, by opening an account with them. Allergan customer service can be reached at (800) 377-7790. Advise them you would like to open an account and you will be sent to the Customer Master program to begin the process. Please note when ordering Botox, you will purchase Botox, not Botox Cosmetic.
- Belotero Balance, Juvederm Ultra and Ultra XC come in 1ml syringes and can only be used on one patient. Costs vary.
- We suggest purchasing at least two syringes of Belotero Balance and two syringes of Juvederm Ultra XC or Juvederm Ultra Plus XC. This will allow you to practice on two patients. Any dermal filler syringe not used can be used for your next patients.
Please click here to download the StatDDS Account Set Up & Order Forms to get started
All course completion certificates and continuing education credits will be awarded to attendees when all course tuition, team member verification, and course/product fees have been reconciled.
If you have any questions about your patient, please email Dr. Malcmacher at Drlouis@FacialEsthetics.org.