Using a Bruxism Monitor for Best Therapeutic Outcomes and Increase Your Production Dramatically!
2 CE Hours
(Your login will be emailed in 1-2 business days)
Don’t make another “bruxism” appliance that could be hurting your patients without knowing what you are treating!
In this on-demand course, you will learn how to properly use and integrate a bruxism monitor into your practice. 1 in 3 of your patients have bruxism and it is one of the most common dental diseases. You can’t treat what you can’t measure! Now we can objectively measure bruxism and use that data to drive proper treatment planning for any restorative treatment. You can also measure the effectiveness of your treatment and then adjust treatment or titrate appliances for the best therapeutic outcomes.
In this course, you will learn in depth:
- what are the components of the bruxism monitor
- patient set up for home testing
- patient instructions
- how to download the tests from the monitor
- how to read the monitor results
- what the Bruxism Episode Index (BEI) and Apnea Hypopnea Index (AHI) is and how to use the data to treatment plan for appliance, esthetics, restorative, implant, dental sleep medicine and orofacial pain therapy
- how to measure the effectiveness of appliance and Botox® therapy
- fee structures for home bruxism/sleep testing
The Bottom Line:
Dr. Louis Malcmacher will teach you how to successfully use a home bruxism and sleep testing monitor to achieve the best therapeutic outcomes and increase your production dramatically!
Published January 2015 and Expires December 2018
The American Academy of Facial Esthetics is an ADA CERP Recognized Provider. ADA CERP is a service of the American Dental Association to assist dental professionals in identifying quality providers of continuing dental education. ADA CERP does not approve or endorse individual courses or instructors, nor does it imply acceptance of credit hours by boards of dentistry.