If you are ready to find a Botox® (botulinum toxin) physician in your area, you need to have the confidence that you are finding the right professional who will deliver quality injection treatment. Whether you are looking for a solution to reduce wrinkles on your eyebrow or forehead, want to use Botox® treatment to address a pain condition, or have another reason to find a doctor for botulinum toxin treatment, AAFE can help. We have a list of AAFE certified botulinum toxin medical professionals who can assist you with your health or aesthetic goals. Enter your zip code to find a trained Botox® (botulinum toxin) or dermal filler injector in your area.
Why AAFE for Patients?
As a leading medical and dental continuing education provider specializing in botulinum toxin and injection treatments, we have trained thousands of providers in the best practices for Botox® and other injection therapy deliveries. These doctors are AAFE certified medical professionals, which means they have the skill and knowledge to deliver treatment properly, reducing your facial pain or wrinkles. Each provider has received the highest quality training in the industry, so you can make an appointment with confidence. When you choose one of the providers on this list, you can be confident that your treatment will be handled professionally and properly.
Why AAFE for Medical Professionals?
Are you looking to find a new Botox® (botulinum toxin) specialist to hire for your practice? Do you have a patient you wish to refer to a Botox® provider? By choosing one of these AAFE certified medical professionals, you can make that referral or new hire with confidence, knowing that you will be working with a provider who is passionate about getting the right training and knowledge to apply in their practice.
In addition, AAFE is here to help you with your own training. If you are looking to add Botox® as one of your service offerings, learn more about our training and certification programs.
What Questions Should You Ask Your Medical Provider?
Before having Botox® or other fillers or injection treatment to deal with wrinkles, pain, or other symptoms, make sure you have all of the information you need to make the right choice. You also need to ensure that your doctor knows your medical history before giving you an injection. Before your treatment, be sure to ask your physician:
- Do they have medical experience in facial anatomy? If you choose an AAFE certified medical provider, you can be confident that they have the right training.
- How many years of experience does the provider have specific to Botox® cosmetic injections?
- How many patients do they treat with Botox® each week, month, or year?
- Are there any expected side effects to treatment? Botox® (botulinum toxin) is considered a relatively mild and safe treatment, but like all medical treatments, it carries potential side effects you need to know.
- Can you see before-and-after pictures of patients they have seen?
- Will you need a follow-up visit after your treatment?
- Does the provider have specific training in facial muscles?
In addition, be sure to discuss the following with your doctor:
- Tell your doctor about all medications you take. If you are taking medication, supplements, herbal products, or prescriptions, or if you have had a botulinum toxin product treatment in the past four months, discuss this with your doctor.
- Tell your doctor about any medical conditions you have. Muscle and nerve conditions, like ALS or Lou Gehrig’s disease, are particularly important when considering an injection-based treatment.
- Tell your doctor if you have had facial surgery or have facial surgery planned in the future.
- Discuss any allergies or adverse reactions to these injections that you have experienced in the past.
Important Topics for Women
Women who are considering Botox® or other injections or fillers need to ask specifically about pregnancy or nursing. If you are pregnant, are planning to become pregnant, or are nursing a baby, your doctor needs to know before you have treatment.
Important Topics for Men
Men who are considering Botox® injections need to understand that their denser, bulkier muscles, even in the face, requires the use of more product. Before undergoing Botox® injection, men should discuss this with their doctors, so they understand what to expect out of treatment.
Men often have different goals than women for their Botox® treatment. When discussing treatment with a medical professional, it is important to discuss not only potential side effects and what to expect, but also what your goals are. Look at before-and-after pictures to ensure the physician seems to understand your goals and how you can reach them.
Find a Botox® Doctor Near You!
If you are ready to benefit from Botox® injections, you need the right specialist. Find a medical professional for Botox® (botulinum toxin) treatment with help from AAFE. Simply input your zip code above to find a Botox® (botulinum toxin) specialist near you today.