Let the AAFE prepare you to add the two hottest facial injectables that are quickly growing the facial esthetic market.
Kybella and Sculptra Aesthetic has grown in acceptance by patients who want longer term results and collagen rebuilding. Both of these injectables need to be well understood to get the best treatment outcomes while avoiding the complications due to lack of adequate training.
Join us for this brand-new totally live advanced master injector course which will concentrate on full face esthetic and therapeutic treatment. This course will focus on two new injectables to your practice which will expand the services you will be able to provide to your patients with better treatment outcomes when properly used.
As with other AAFE courses, it is best to bring your own patient. Attendees can bring their own injectable products if they desire.
Course Details and Registration
Using Deoxycholic Acid (Kybella®) and Injectable poly-L-lactic acid (Sculptra® Aesthetic) Course Overview
Deoxycholic acid (Kybella®)injections contain a naturally occurring molecule that eats away at fat cells and reduces moderate to severe fat on the upper neck. This leaves skin substantially tighter, the jaw more defined and contoured, and adjusts the lip and smile lines of the lower lip in relation to the teeth.
Injectable poly-L-lactic acid (Sculptra® Aesthetic) injectable helps gradually replace lost collagen — an underlying cause of facial aging — for results that can last more than two years. It is used to correct shallow to deep nasolabial fold contour deficiencies and other facial wrinkles in which deep dermal grid pattern (cross-hatch) injection technique is appropriate. This adds volume to the mid-face which supports the upper lip and smile lines as well as long term volumization.
Course Objectives: Sculptra FACE (Morning)
- Full face diagnosis, treatment planning, and injectable treatment
- Patient assessment and consultation for deoxycholic acid (Kybella) and Injectable poly-L-lactic acid (Sculptra® Aesthetic)
- Indications and contraindications for these pharmaceutical agents
- In depth instruction in the anatomy, neurophysiology, musculature and circulatory system of the oral and maxillofacial areas
- Patient evaluation for the best dental and facial esthetic and therapeutic outcomes
- Review of sterile technique as it relates to the use of deoxycholic acid and poly-L-lactic acid injectable pharmacologic agents
- Safety and risk issues for injectable therapy
- Learn the physiology and pharmacology of oral and maxillo-facial injectable treatment
- Integrating deoxycholic acid and poly-L-lactic acid injectable therapy into therapeutic and esthetic treatment plans
CONT. Course Objectives: Sculptra FACE (Morning)
- Creating a more defined jaw line, lower and upper lip support using anatomical landmarks for the best dental esthetic results
- Learn the best treatment techniques including anatomical sites, proper preparation and dilution for the best oral and maxillofacial therapeutic and esthetic outcomes
- How to avoid, manage, and treat possible adverse reactions and complications
- Live patient training including comprehensive diagnosis, treatment planning, proper dosing and delivery of deoxycholic acid and poly-L-lactic acid injectable agents
- Understand minimally invasive deoxycholic acid and poly-L-lactic acid injectable treatment
- Understand protocols for patient preparation with pre and post procedural care instructions
- Learn deoxycholic acid and poly-L-lactic acid injectable indications and contraindications and safety protocols for best therapeutic outcomes.
Course Objectives: Sculptra BODY (Afternoon)
- Introduction of Sculptra Aesthetic
- Patient Cases: Before and After
- Selecting the Right Patient
- Discuss Areas to Inject: Buttocks, Décolletage, Arms
- Facial Anesthesia
- Anatomy Lesson
- Drawing Demonstration of Injection Technique
- Live Hands on Training
IMPORTANT INFORMATION: The Prepare On-Demand Module must be completed as a prerequisite to taking the live patient hands on portion of these courses.
|Scultpra and Kybella Face|
|Course begins||8:00 AM||Course begins on time.|
|Course ends||12:30 PM|
|Scultpra and Kybella Body|
|Course begins||1:00 PM|
|Course Ends||5:00 PM|
- PLEASE READ OUR COURSE AND CANCELLATION POLICY CAREFULLY
- CLICK HERE TO SEE OUR FAQ
- CLICK HERE TO SEE OUR VIDEO FAQ (FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS) SECTION
- Any dentists, physicians, osteopaths, acupuncturists, chiropractors, nurses, physicians assistants, and nurse practitioners and any other medical or dental professionals whether they can inject or not may attend at full tuition and not as a team member.
- Additional medical and dental professionals or team members who show up the day of the course will be charged appropriately. Healthcare professionals who may not legally deliver or inject Botulinum Toxin and dermal fillers according to their professional licenses are not allowed to inject patients at this course under any circumstances. Medical and dental auxiliaries may only assist their doctor according to the extent allowed by their professional licenses.
You will receive 10 CE participation hours each for successfully completing each part of the Sculptra live patient course. Educational methods used for these courses are lecture and participation.
During the live patient training course section, continuing education credit hours are awarded solely for the live evaluation, diagnosis, and treatment planning of patients. The actual treatment injections are separate practice sessions for which there are no continuing education credits awarded.
The American Academy of Facial Esthetics is designated as an Approved PACE Program Provider by the Academy of General Dentistry. The formal continuing dental education programs of this program provider are accepted by the AGD for Fellowship, Mastership and membership maintenance credit. Approval does not imply acceptance by a state or provincial board of dentistry or AGD endorsement. The current term of approval extends from 4/1/2016 to 3/31/2019. Provider ID# 321332
The American Academy of Facial Esthetics is an ADA CERP Recognized Provider. ADA CERP is a service of the American Dental Association to assist dental professionals in identifying quality providers of continuing dental education. ADA CERP does not approve or endorse individual courses or instructors, nor does it imply acceptance of credit hours by boards of dentistry. The American Academy of Facial Esthetics designates this activity for 8 continuing education credits.
COURSE PHOTOGRAPHY AND/OR VIDEOTAPING
By entering the AAFE course, you understand that you may be photographed, filmed, or videotaped and you hereby give the American Academy of Facial Esthetics LLC the unqualified right to take pictures and/or recordings of you and grant the perpetual right to use your likeness, image, photo (collectively, “image”), without compensation, for broadcast or exhibition in any medium and to put the finished pictures/recordings to any legitimate use without limitation or reservation. You hereby waive, release and forever discharge the American Academy of Facial Esthetics LLC from and against any and all claims or actions arising out of or resulting from any use of your image. The American Academy of Facial Esthetics LLC shall not be obligated to use, and may elect not to use, your image.
Find a Location for Your Using Sculptra and Kybella Training Course