Sign up for the #1 Botulinum Toxin and Dermal Fillers Live Patient Training Courses for Dental and Medical Professionals, Presented by The American Academy of Facial Esthetics (AAFE).
Upon completing registration for this course you will receive email confirmation that will give you access to the Prepare On-Demand Module which includes the lecture, video and didactic portions of this course using the AAFE state of the art online education portal. The Prepare On-Demand Module must be completed as a prerequisite to taking the Practice Live Patient Module of this training course. The Botulinum Toxin Live Patient training will take place in the morning. The Dermal Filler live patient training will be in the afternoon.
For the best educational experience, please bring your own model patients. Model patients are not provided.
Course Details and Registration
- Patient assessment and consultation for botulinum toxin and dermal fillers
- Indications and contraindications for botulinum toxin and dermal fillers
- Comprehensive education in the anatomy, neurophysiology, musculature and circulatory system of the oral and maxillofacial areas
- Patient evaluation tactics for the best dental and facial esthetic and therapeutic results
- Learn sterile technique for the use of injectable pharmacologic agents
- Review safety and risk issues for botulinum toxin and dermal fillers injectable therapy
- Receive in-depth education on the physiology and pharmacology of oral and maxillo-facial injectable treatment
- Learn how to integrate botulinum neurotoxin and dermal filler therapy into therapeutic and esthetic treatment plans
- Volumizing nasolabial folds, marionette lines, and lifting up the corners of the mouth using anatomical landmarks
- Learn how to create beautiful and subtle lip enhancements by increasing volume to establish proper lip and smile lines
- Smoothing lip lines and eliminating vertical “smokers” lines
- Get access to the latest treatment techniques including anatomical muscle sites, muscle depths, proper preparation, and dilution for the best oral and maxillofacial therapeutic and esthetic outcomes
- Botulinum toxin therapeutic treatment for bruxism to relieve TMJ syndrome
- Learn best practices to avoid, manage, and treat possible adverse reactions and complications
- Perform live patient training including comprehensive diagnosis, treatment planning, proper dosing and delivery of botulinum neurotoxin and dermal fillers
- Establish correct fee structures for oral and maxillofacial injectable treatment
- Coverage of all necessary office forms and informed consents required for treating patients immediately
- This course is recognized by liability insurance providers and will help secure coverage
- Observe substantial model patients during the course
- One-on-one comprehensive mentored instruction as you work hands-on your model patient
- Learn to quickly recognize and diagnose facial pain in your patients – they are numerous and have been looking for treatment!
- Comprehensive instruction for patient examination and evaluation including a one-minute maxillofacial neurological exam, a one-minute otic exam, and a thorough head and neck muscle examination
- Discover why you shouldn’t waste money on expensive equipment for facial pain diagnosis and treatment
- Find out about the two most important tools used to diagnose myofascial pain – one is free and the other one will cost you only a few cents!
- Discover the hidden role of occlusion in orofacial pain
- Learn quick and uncomplicated solutions to identify the source of facial pain; TMJ, neuralgia, ear, eyes, or facial muscles
- Trigger point injections – precisely identify and inject trigger points for instant and long-term pain relief
- Know when to use different chemotherapeutics such as sterile saline, lidocaine, and botulinum toxin for differential diagnosis, pain management, and the best short-term and long-term successful therapeutic outcomes
- Know when to treat and when to refer orofacial pain patients
- Industry standard diagnosis and treatment planning for TMJ syndrome, headaches, and orofacial pain patients
- Be educated in medical insurance reimbursement for dental and medical practice for myofascial pain patients with a comprehensive list of diagnosis and treatment codes to help you begin immediately
- Observe numerous model patients during the course
- One-on-one instruction and mentorship as you work on your model patient
Attendees must be trained in the use of botulinum toxin in order to use those pharmaceutical agents in this course.
AAFE courses provide training equal to and often exceeding the education taught in academic communities around the world over the last 50 years.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION: The Prepare On-Demand Module must be completed as a prerequisite to taking the live patient hands-on portion of these courses.
|Registration – Botulinum Toxin Training||7:30 AM|
|Botulinum Toxin Live Patient Training||8:00 AM – 12:00 PM||Course Begins on Time|
|Registration – Dermal Filler Training||12:45 PM|
|Dermal Filler Live Patient Training||1:00 PM – 5:00 PM|
Day 2 – (Not Available At All Locations)
|Registration – Frontline TMJ/Orofacial Pain||8:00 AM|
|Frontline TMJ and Orofacial Pain Live Patient Training||8:30 AM – 12:00 PM||Course Begins on Time|
- PLEASE READ OUR COURSE AND CANCELLATION POLICY CAREFULLY
- CLICK HERE TO SEE OUR FAQ
- CLICK HERE TO SEE OUR VIDEO FAQ (FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS) SECTION
- Any dentists, physicians, osteopaths, acupuncturists, chiropractors, nurses, physicians assistants, and nurse practitioners and any other medical or dental professionals whether they can inject or not may attend at full tuition and not as a team member.
- Additional medical and dental professionals or team members who show up the day of the course will be charged appropriately. Healthcare professionals who may not legally deliver or inject Botulinum Toxin and dermal fillers according to their professional licenses are not allowed to inject patients at this course under any circumstances. Medical and dental auxiliaries may only assist their doctor according to the extent allowed by their professional licenses.
You will receive 10 CE participation hours each for these successfully completed live patient courses – Botulinum Toxin Training, Dermal Filler Training, and Frontline TMJ/Orofacial Pain Training. Educational methods used for these courses are lecture and participation.
During the live patient training course section, continuing education credit hours are awarded solely for the live evaluation, diagnosis, and treatment planning of patients. The actual treatment injections are separate practice sessions for which there are no continuing education credits awarded.
The American Academy of Facial Esthetics is designated as an Approved PACE Program Provider by the Academy of General Dentistry. The formal continuing dental education programs of this program provider are accepted by the AGD for Fellowship, Mastership and membership maintenance credit. Approval does not imply acceptance by a state or provincial board of dentistry or AGD endorsement. The current term of approval extends from 4/1/2016 to 3/31/2019. Provider ID# 321332
The American Academy of Facial Esthetics is an ADA CERP Recognized Provider. ADA CERP is a service of the American Dental Association to assist dental professionals in identifying quality providers of continuing dental education. ADA CERP does not approve or endorse individual courses or instructors, nor does it imply acceptance of credit hours by boards of dentistry. The American Academy of Facial Esthetics designates this activity for 8 continuing education credits.
COURSE PHOTOGRAPHY AND/OR VIDEOTAPING
By entering the AAFE course, you understand that you may be photographed, filmed, or videotaped and you hereby give the American Academy of Facial Esthetics LLC the unqualified right to take pictures and/or recordings of you and grant the perpetual right to use your likeness, image, photo (collectively, “image”), without compensation, for broadcast or exhibition in any medium and to put the finished pictures/recordings to any legitimate use without limitation or reservation. You hereby waive, release and forever discharge the American Academy of Facial Esthetics LLC from and against any and all claims or actions arising out of or resulting from any use of your image. The American Academy of Facial Esthetics LLC shall not be obligated to use and may elect not to use, your image.
Find a Location for Your Botulinum Toxins and Dermal Fillers Level 1 Course