Join the authority in Frontline TMJ, Headaches, and Orofacial Pain at the Live Patient Training Courses for Dental and Medical Professionals, Offered by The American Academy of Facial Esthetics (AAFE).
For the best educational experience, please bring your own model patients. Model patients are not provided.
Course Details and Registration
- Learn to quickly identify and diagnose facial pain in your patients – they are prevalent and have been asking practitioners like you for treatment!
- Practice a detailed, comprehensive patient examination and evaluation including a one minute maxillofacial neurological exam, a one minute otic exam, and a thorough head and neck muscle examination
- Find out why you should not initially invest in expensive equipment for facial pain diagnosis and treatment
- Discover the two most important tools used to diagnose myofascial pain – one is free and the other one will cost you one penny each!
- Find out the real secret of the effects of occlusion in orofacial pain – don’t suffer from occlusion confusion any more.
- Become educated in simple, easy ways to quickly discern whether facial pain is coming from the TMJ, neuralgia, ear, eyes, or facial muscles
- Know when to use different chemotherapeutics such as sterile saline, lidocaine, and botulinum toxin for differential diagnosis, pain management, and when to best apply short-term and long-term solutions for successful therapeutic outcomes
- Identify when a situation requires to treat and when to refer orofacial pain patients
- Best practices for diagnosis and treatment planning for TMJ syndrome, headaches and orofacial pain patients
- Understand medical insurance reimbursement procedures for dental and medical practice in regards to myofascial pain patients including a full list of diagnosis and treatment codes to help you get started immediately with a full list of diagnosis and treatment codes
- Observe a multitude of model patients during the course
- One-on-one in-depth mentored instruction as you practice on your model patient
Attendees must be trained in the use of botulinum toxin in order to use those pharmaceutical agents in this course.
AAFE courses provide training equal to or often exceeding the resources taught in academic communities around the world over the past 50 years.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION: The Prepare On-Demand Module must be completed as a prerequisite to taking the live patient hands-on portion of these courses.
|Registration – Frontline TMJ/Orofacial Pain||7:30 AM|
|Frontline TMJ and Orofacial Pain Live Patient Training||8:00 AM-12:00PM||Course begins on time.|
- Any dentists, physicians, osteopaths, acupuncturists, chiropractors, nurses, physicians assistants, and nurse practitioners and any other medical or dental professionals whether they can inject or not may attend at full tuition and not as a team member.
- Additional medical and dental professionals or team members who show up the day of the course will be charged appropriately. Healthcare professionals who may not legally deliver or inject Botulinum Toxin and dermal fillers according to their professional licenses are not allowed to inject patients at this course under any circumstances. Medical and dental auxiliaries may only assist their doctor according to the extent allowed by their professional licenses.
You will receive 10 CE participation hours each for these successfully completed live patient courses – Botulinum Toxin Training, Dermal Filler Training, and Frontline TMJ/Orofacial Pain Training. Educational methods used for these courses are lecture and participation.
During the live patient training course section, continuing education credit hours are awarded solely for the live evaluation, diagnosis, and treatment planning of patients. The actual treatment injections are separate practice sessions for which there are no continuing education credits awarded.
The American Academy of Facial Esthetics is designated as an Approved PACE Program Provider by the Academy of General Dentistry. The formal continuing dental education programs of this program provider are accepted by the AGD for Fellowship, Mastership and membership maintenance credit. Approval does not imply acceptance by a state or provincial board of dentistry or AGD endorsement. The current term of approval extends from 4/1/2016 to 3/31/2019. Provider ID# 321332
The American Academy of Facial Esthetics is an ADA CERP Recognized Provider. ADA CERP is a service of the American Dental Association to assist dental professionals in identifying quality providers of continuing dental education. ADA CERP does not approve or endorse individual courses or instructors, nor does it imply acceptance of credit hours by boards of dentistry. The American Academy of Facial Esthetics designates this activity for 8 continuing education credits.
COURSE PHOTOGRAPHY AND/OR VIDEOTAPING
By entering the AAFE course, you understand that you may be photographed, filmed, or videotaped and you hereby give the American Academy of Facial Esthetics LLC the unqualified right to take pictures and/or recordings of you and grant the perpetual right to use your likeness, image, photo (collectively, “image”), without compensation, for broadcast or exhibition in any medium and to put the finished pictures/recordings to any legitimate use without limitation or reservation. You hereby waive, release and forever discharge the American Academy of Facial Esthetics LLC from and against any and all claims or actions arising out of or resulting from any use of your image. The American Academy of Facial Esthetics LLC shall not be obligated to use, and may elect not to use, your image.
Find a Location for Your Frontline TMJ & Facial Pain Therapy Level 1 Course