The American Academy of Facial Esthetics is proud to be the only anatomically based training of non-surgical, minimally invasive, facial injectable program of its kind so that clinicians will feel confident in immediately integrating these services into their practice.
Botulinum Toxin (Botox) Training and Dermal Filler Training Level I Course Information and Outline
- Patient assessment and consultation for botulinum toxin (Botox) and dermal fillers
- Indications and contraindications for these pharmaceutical agents
- In depth instruction in the anatomy, neurophysiology, musculature and circulatory system of the oral and maxillofacial areas
- Patient evaluation for the best dental and facial esthetic and therapeutic outcomes
- Review of sterile technique as it relates to the use of injectable pharmacologic agents
- Safety and risk issues for botulinum toxin and dermal fillers injectable therapy
- Learn the physiology and pharmacology of oral and maxillo-facial injectable treatment
- Integrating botulinum neurotoxin and dermal filler therapy into therapeutic and esthetic treatment plans
- Volumizing nasolabial folds, marionette lines, and lifting up the corners of the mouth using anatomical landmarks
- Beautiful and subtle lip enhancements by adding volume to establish proper lip and smile lines
- Smoothing lip lines and eliminating vertical “smokers” lines
- Learn the best treatment techniques including anatomical muscle sites, muscle depths, proper preparation and dilution for the best oral and maxillofacial therapeutic and esthetic outcomes
- Botulinium toxin therapeutic treatment for bruxism to relieve TMJ syndrome
- Knowledge of possible adverse reactions, how to avoid adverse reactions, and management and treatment of possible complications
- Live patient training including diagnosis, treatment planning, proper dosing and delivery of botulinum neurotoxin and dermal fillers
- Proper fee structures for oral and maxillofacial injectable treatment
- All the customizable office forms and informed consent needed to begin treating patients immediately
- This course will help in securing malpractice liability insurance
- Observe many model patients during the day
- One on one comprehensive mentored instruction as you work hands-on your model patient
AAFE courses provide training equal to and often exceeding the education taught in academic communities around the world over the last 5 decades.
CLICK ON THE COURSE FOR MORE INFO AND TO REGISTER
Jul 1, 2014 - Jul 1, 2016 , Making the Right Technology/Technique Choices for Your Dental Practice
Please read our Cancellation Policy and Additional Info carefully.
Private facial esthetics courses are available – please contact us for more information!
Botulinum Toxin Training Courses for Physicians, Dentists, Nurses and all Licensed Healthcare Professionals:
Day One – Botulinum Toxin Training Day Two – Dermal Fillers Training
Botulinum Toxin – Day 1
|Course begins||8:30 AM||Course begins on time, please be prompt.|
|Course resumes||10:30 AM|
|Course resumes||1:00 PM|
|Hands-on patient session||1:00 PM – 5:00 PM|
Dermal Fillers – Day 2
|Course begins||8:00 AM||Course begins on time, please be prompt.|
|Course resumes||9:45 AM|
|Hands-on patient sessions||11:30 – 5:00 PM|
Exact locations to be announced.
- Medical and Dental Professionals – $1797 each day or $3594 for both days. Sign up by August1st and save – tuition cost for healthcare professionals for both days only $2997 (save $600 off the regular tuition cost of $3594). (this includes dentists, physicians, osteopaths, acupuncturists, chiropractors, nurses, physicians assistants, and nurse practitioners and any other medical or dental professionals whether they can inject or not). Prices may vary per course.
- Team members who are not able to inject – $395 per day -1st Team Member FREE for AAFE Members. Any dentists, physicians, osteopaths, acupuncturists, chiropractors, nurses, physicians assistants, and nurse practitioners and any other medical or dental professionals whether they can inject or not may NOT be your team member.
- Additional medical and dental professionals or team members who show up the day of the course will be charged appropriately. Healthcare professionals who may not legally deliver or inject Botulinum Toxin and dermal fillers according to their professional licenses are not allowed to inject patients at this course under any circumstances. Medical and dental auxiliaries may only assist their doctor according to the extent allowed by their professional licenses.
- Please read about any additional costs and info carefully.
Become a member of the American Academy of Facial Esthetics before signing up for a two day course and save $700 off tuition and pay only $3294 (member benefit is 20% off the list course tuition price)and bring a free team member ($790 savings)! For more information on membership click here. For more information on membership click here.
New Special! All AGD/AACD/AAFP members receive $600 off your course tuition!*
Model patients are not provided. For the best educational experience possible, it is highly recommended that you bring your own model patient. Model patients may possibly be found at the course among the other participants and you may arrange this at the course. Attendees are solely responsible for treatment of their patients at this course. Treat your patient as you would in your office.
Please read our Cancellation Policy and Additional Info carefully.
“As a physician, I had some trepidation about injection to the face with Botox and dermal fillers. The instruction was great and the supervision was superb. I am now confident in my ability to utilize these procedures at my practice.
Mark Allen, MD, Cleveland, OH
“It was an amazing experience and I am super excited to take this back and offer it to my patients. I think that its an amazing edge onto my cosmetic practice and I feel very prepared after taking this course.”
Beverly Keeler, DDS, Evergreen, CO
“I thought the course was very hands on, and informative, and very helpful. I feel immediately comfortable going back to my office and implementing these techniques. Thank you!”
Michaelangelo Aust, DDS, Rice Lake, WI
“I had a wonderful time at the course and I am so excited to take Level II. In fact, I really plan to work toward my fellowship. I learned so much in the course and everyone was so helpful. Even though I did not bring a patient, I was so grateful that I had an opportunity to treat patients. I think my three days were the best time that I have ever had at a continuing education course. Thank you again for everything. I had a complete experience.”
Dr. Deborah Akande
Facial Esthetics Botulinum Toxin Course and Dermal Filler Course for Dentists, Physicians, Nurses and other Healthcare Professionals Course Dates:
These are Level I facial esthetic Botulinum Toxin Courses and dermal filler courses unless noted otherwise:
We are the only Botulinum Toxin and Dermal Filler training course to offer financing options.
Spring Forward Today! SpringstoneSM makes it easy to say YES to continuing education with low monthly payments, no money down, and no payment for 3-7 weeks. Apply now! or ask us for more information at 800.952.0521.
Why Choose the American Academy of Facial Esthetics?
- We have trained over 8000 dental and medical professionals in botulinum toxin, dermal fillers, bruxism, TMD, orofacial pain, myofascial pain and dental sleep medicine.
- Our course is taught by physicians, dentists and healthcare professionals who have practices just like our attendees. We teach how all of these procedures integrate directly into your office. Healthcare professionals are often disappointed when trained by other medical and dental specialists who do not relate at all to your practice and cannot show you how to integrate the full use of these new skills for both therapeutic and esthetic uses including use in orthodontics, prosthodontics, TMD, orofacial pain, periodontics, implants, esthetic dentistry, family medicine, internal medicine, dermatology and sleep medicine.
- We have the most testimonials of any course of this kind – click here for a full list of testimonials.
- We are the most comprehensive course in terms of education and practical procedures taught that you will be able to integrate into your practice right away.
- We have retrained more physicians and dentists who have taken other courses of this kind because the other courses did not adequately prepare them to integrate this into their medical/dental practice. Dentists, physicians and nurses who have taken other courses overwhelmingly agreed that they wish they had taken the American Academy of Facial Esthetics course first and saved their time and money.
- The American Academy of Facial Esthetics is the best resource for continuing support after the course through our membership organization with its over 8000 members. This includes resources such as online forums, discussion groups, ask the expert faculty, blogs, and news. You can upload a picture of a patient and get recommendations on treatment planning and troubleshoot postoperative results to learn how to constantly improve your skills. The AAFE also offers marketing support such as use of our logo for your office. We also offer the only professional facial esthetics designation with advanced training, fellowship and mastership status in the American Academy of Facial Esthetics.
- This course is accepted by all malpractice insurance companies as the AAFE has written the protocols for many liability insurance companies, both medical and dental.
- The AAFE has set the professional education standards in the area of facial esthetics, facial pain therapy, and sleep medicine accepted by state dental and medical boards and organizations.
Common Sense Dentistry is designated as an Approved PACE Program Provider by the Academy of General Dentistry. The formal continuing dental education programs of this program provider are accepted by the AGD for Fellowship, Mastership and membership maintenance credit. Approval does not imply acceptance by a state or provincial board of dentistry or AGD endorsement. The current term of approval extends from 4/1/2014 to 3/31/2016
“This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the standards of the Academy of General Dentistry Program Approval for Continuing Education (PACE) through the joint program provider approval of Common Sense Dentistry and the American Academy of Facial Esthetics. Common Sense Dentistry is approved for awarding FAGD/MAGD credit.”
* offers may not be combined.
For faster service contact Theresa at 1-800-952-0521.